Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Trophy Hunters First Choice for Elk, Deer, Antelope, Moose, Sheep, Goat, Bear and Buffalo




Frequently Asked Questions

Can I bring a non-hunter with me?

There is no problem bringing a non-hunter. The cost is ________ for non-hunters.

What types of activities do you provide for the non-hunter?

Outdoor adventure, a night on the town, hiking, 4-wheeling, general ecology/geology/history education.

Where do I stay?

You will stay with our family at our ranch in a private room or loft.

What airport should I arrive at and what do I do when I get there?

Arrive at Jackson Airport. We will be waiting for you to arrive and will transport you to our ranch.

How far are your average shots?

Shots range between 250 to 350 yards.

What caliber of rifle should I bring?

That will depend on the species of animal you plan to hunt. Please call us for our recommendations.

What if I don’t have any horse riding experience?

A number of our hunters have had no riding experience. Our horses are well trained and a novice rider should be comfortable on the hunt.

What stamps do I need and where can I get them?

All hunters need to purchase a conservation stamp. Elk hunters need to buy a special elk feed ground stamp and archery hunters need to buy an archery license. Stamps can be purchased on the Wyoming Game and Fish website or at a gas station or sporting store in Wyoming where licenses are sold.

What will be done with my trophy after it is down?

Once you have got your animal down your guide will field dress your trophy and transport to our cooler at the ranch. At that point processing and shipping are the responsibility of the hunter.

What happens if I wound an animal?

Sometimes animals do get wounded. If you wound an animal we make every effort to retrieve that animal.

How can I get my meat and horns home?

If you are not able to drive and you fly out - meat and horns can be shipped home, but shipping meat is very expensive. Some hunters arrange their meat and horns to be taken home for them by other hunters. Horns must have an interstate game tag for this, which you can get at the Game and Fish office in Jackson.

How much will it cost to have my meat processed?

Because prices change I recommend calling Hog Island Meat Processing 307-413-0343 they are located both in Jackson and Pinedale, usually it is around $150 - $300 to process a deer or elk.

Do I need to wear orange?

The law states that a rifle/gun hunter has to wear 1 article of florescent orange; hat, vest, or coat.

Do I need a hunter safety card?

Any person born on or after January 1, 1966 must have passed hunters education.

Can my deposit be refunded?

Once a deposit has been sent there is no refund on that deposit. If you are unsuccessful in drawing a licenses then your deposit will be rolled over to the next year or until you are able to draw a license and come on your hunt. If a hunter backs out or cancels their hunt there is no refund on that deposit.

What is the best week to come?

The best week varies from year to year. Weather is a huge factor in which week is the best each year. The areas we hunt have a lot of game and we do well throughout the season. There is not a bad time to come.

Do you guide and do you have the same guides each year?

Yes, I do guide. My father and I have been guiding for over 40 years. We are a family run operation in which we all take a lot of pride.

How good of shape do I need to be in and what is the terrain like?

The better shape you are in the better your odds of doing what is physically needed to take the trophy you are looking for. We hunt from 7,000 – 10,000 feet in elevation. Horses are used as much as possible, but hiking is also required depending on where the game is located. The terrain might be gentle rolling hills or straight up and down. It is a high mountain hunt and physically demanding. Do your best to arrive in good shape.

Can I continue to go out and hunt with my partner after I have filled my tag?


How much should I tip my guide and what about the cook and packers?

Tips vary greatly as everyone’s financial situation is different. Tips for guides range from $200 - $1000 or more. 10% of the price for your hunt is a good way to gauge what you should tip. The cook and packers usually are tipped less than the guide and an average tip is $50 - $100 but can be higher. Tip what you can and what you feel the guide, cook, and packer deserve. They will work hard for you.

How Do I book a hunt?

A $1,000 deposit is due at the time of booking your hunt. Please call the ranch and/or fill out a booking form. Mail the booking form (find form on Prices and Booking Tab) and deposit to 14630 Hwy 191, Bondurant, WY 82922.